✨ We just raised $2.7 M in the Pre Series A round led by Matrix Partners, India. View announcement

5 Ways Business Translation Boosts Export Business

With all the benefits exporting has, it is also an overwhelming process with all the paperwork & complex operations, not to mention the linguistic flexibility it requires. The translation work itself will sweep you off your feet, but when the results come in, it is one of the things that can set you apart from the crowd. 

Did you know that around 75% of consumers are more likely to buy a product when they get information in their native language or the content localized? 

By now you would have guessed how important language is for any sort of business, especially export business, so just imagine how important it would be at trade fairs. 85% of trade fairs are done in local languages, and buyers entertain those more who can speak in their native languages.


Here are 5 reasons why business translation should be part of your international marketing strategy:

  • Build trusting relationships with your buyers/ importers at Trade shows
  • Helps to expand the digital footprint of your export business
  • Helps improve the customer service experience
  • Legal need for translation
  • Communicate your brand through Product Catalogues
People will trust your brand more when you create an atmosphere where your prospect and existing clients feel understood.

1. Build trusting relationships with your buyers/ importers at Trade shows

When you try to make an effort to speak to your prospects in their language, they tend to appreciate it and get impressed by it. This also extends to interactions with buyers at export trade fairs and trade shows. Only 25% of the 7+ billion people using the internet are native English speakers, which means that the rest 75% of users worldwide are searching in languages other than English!

2. Helps to expand the digital footprint of your export business

A website is a great way to showcase your products and share compelling stories about your company with your prospects, so it's essential to have a translation-friendly website. To help make your website more accessible to your foreign target markets, you can translate the contents of your website using website translation tools, earning you more incoming traffic & visitors. Sometimes, all your export website needs is a cultural framework, not necessarily a fancy re-brand.

3. Helps improve the customer service experience

93% of buyers expect to communicate in their native language when making business inquiries or calling after-sales. The client personas are always unique, even for a B2B firm. Hence, be prepared with a translation support system always.

4. Legal need for translation

When it comes to communicating and exporting your products to a foreign audience, it is critical that the proper message, technical or legal information, is lawfully presented. Some products like food labelling, toy labelling, medicine labelling, etc, are highly regulated and these products require to be accompanied with certain information in the language of the country for sale, or else you may be breaking the law. Learn more about Product Labelling from EUbusiness.

5. Communicate your brand through Product Catalogues

Product catalogues can surpass any language barrier, making them one of the best ways to communicate information about your export business. You can localize the contents of the catalogues you share to reinforce brand awareness. Similar to a website, a digital catalogue can go around the world, catch the eyes of people and stand as a trademark symbol for your brand. When building a beautiful catalog of products, you can also customize the displayed currency to suit your buyer. Learn more here.

Author: Shalini Singh (Marketing Associate), Ann Marina Dias